Join our ranks Start your police career with Chandler PD.
The Chandler Police Department is seeking self-motivated, highly effective individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join our ranks. We offer competitive pay, a well-rounded benefits package, cutting edge technology, and opportunities for lateral movement after 2 years. If you have the passion to protect and a heart to make a real difference in our Chandler community, you’ve come to the right place.
Basic Info Getting Started.
Starting salary is $30.50 per hour.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Must be 21 years of age by academy graduation
- Meet or exceed the physical standards established by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST)
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
what it takes Our Application Process:
Apply online when applications are being accepted.
Take the written test through NTN.Test Now
AZPOST Personal History Form
Once you have submitted a City of Chandler application, please follow the below directions.
- Go to this link MyAzpost.pdf
- Follow the directions to register and complete your electronic AZPOST PH Form
- Share the Form with Chandler PD
- Email your form ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once received a background investigator will reach out if there are any follow up questions. If there are no automatic disqualifiers, you will receive an email inviting you to the physical agility test.
Physical agility test
The physical agility test is designed to evaluate a candidate’s overall physical condition.Learn More About PT
Oral board interview
Applicants will need to pass an oral board interview which consists of several questions in front of a panel of sworn officers.
If you pass the oral board interview, you will receive an email with a link to create an account with eSOPH and complete the background questionnaire.
Your eSOPH background questionnaire will be reviewed and a background investigation will begin.
The background investigation consists of criminal history checks, employer checks, personal references and open-source searches verifying all information included in the background questionnaire.
Once your background investigation has been mostly completed, we will conduct an in-person background interview.
The background interview consists of applicants being interviewed about the information within their eSOPH background questionnaire.
Applicants are administered a polygraph exam by a certified examiner to confirm all information in the background investigation is accurate.
Conditional Job Offer
If the applicant passes each of the previous steps they will be offered a conditional offer which is contingent upon the applicant passing the medical exam, psychological exam, and a chief’s interview
Medical & Psych Exam
Applicants must pass a medical exam and a psychological exam that meets AZPOST standards.
The applicant will have a one-on-one interview with the police Chief.