What do to The Qualifications:
The physical agility test is designed to evaluate a candidate’s overall physical condition. This evaluation helps the Chandler Police Department determine if a candidate will be able to satisfactorily meet the AZPOST (Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training) fitness standards.
POPAT (PEACE OFFICER PHYSICAL APTITUDE TEST):
- 99-YARD OBSTACLE COURSE: Run a 99-yard obstacle course consisting of several sharp turns, a number of curb height obstacles, and a 34-inch high obstacle that must be vaulted.
- BODY DRAG: Lift and drag 165-pound, lifelike dummy 32 feet.
- CHAIN-LINK FENCE: Run five yards to a six-foot, chain-link fence, climb over fence, continue running another 25 yards.
- SOLID FENCE CLIMB: Run five yards to a six-foot solid fence, climb over fence, continue running another 25 yards.
- 500-YARD RUN: Run 500 yards (equivalent to one lap plus 60 yards of a standard running track).