Police Officer Recruit 2022-3
The City of Chandler Police Department is currently accepting applications to fill current and future Police Officer Recruit vacancies.
Police Officer Recruit: $27.13 per hour to start
*Police Officer Recruit Hiring Incentive: For those that are new to the City of Chandler - $3,500 paid in two installments, $1,750 paid upon hire with first paycheck and $1,750 paid upon successful completion of Probation.
The City of Chandler Police Department offers full testing services for the position of Police Officer Recruit through National Testing Network (NTN). To register with NTN and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select ‘Find Jobs’, then select Law Enforcement Jobs and sign up for City of Chandler Police Department.
When you visit the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
* Complete the NTN registration process and schedule your test.
- Review all information related to the City of Chandler Police Department Police Officer Recruit, including minimum requirements, salary, and benefits.
* Review detailed information about the testing process.
* Review the Frequently Asked Questions and take an online practice test (if desired).
* Test scores with NTN are good for 12 months from the date you take the test. If you have taken the test with NTN in the previous 12 months, you will not need to take it again. You will need to send your scores to City of Chandler Police Department via NTN if you have not already
* You must register and complete your NTN test by 7/17/2022 to be considered in this process
Upon completion of your scheduled exam, scores are automatically forwarded to City of Chandler Police Department. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on City of Chandler Police Department’s eligibility list. The City of Chandler Police Department will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to participate in further stages of the selection process. Once you have completed and passed the NTN test with an overall score of 70, please complete the AZPOST PH Form and share your Form ID number with Chandler PD.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the City of Chandler Police Department’s responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to City of Chandler Police Department where the final decisions are made.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Chandler PD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work, our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona's great vacation spots.
Who we are
The City of Chandler Police Department, consisting of 335 sworn officers and 172 civilians, serves a growing population of close to 270,000 residents. The organization is divided into two divisions and one bureau. The Patrol Division consisting of three precincts to meet the needs of the community, the Operational Support Bureau, and the Professional Services Division. The members of the Chandler Police Department are dedicated to the advancement of community policing and the development of a partnership with our citizens. Our mission is to provide a safe community where people can live, work, and thrive. We are committed to being a world-class leader in law enforcement. We will pursue and engage the best trained, equipped, and committed professionals who demonstrate the highest standards of performance and best policing practices in partnership with the community.
Who we are looking for
Are you passionate about serving the community? Do you remain calm under high stress situations? Are you a problem solver that can make quick decisions? We are seeking a passionate and motivated customer-service oriented individual to join our Police Department team as a Police Officer Recruit.
* Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency; and
* Must be 21 years of age by the time of academy graduation;
* Must be able to meet the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST) physical health standards;
* Be a citizen of the United States at the time of application submittal; and
* Possess a valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record.
* NeoGov Application
* NTN Test
* AZ POST Personal History Form Submission & Review
* Physical Agility Test and Oral Board Interview(8/6/2022 & 8/13/2022)
* ***The Oral Board Interview will be the same day as the Physical Agility Test. You will be given your time slot after you pass the PT. Please reserve this whole day so you can complete both.
*Out of State candidates will complete their Oral Board Interview Virtually on either 8/6/22 or 8/13/22 and will take the Physical Agility Test when they come into town to complete the Background Interview and Polygraph Exam
* eSoph Background Packet Submission
* Background Interview
* Polygraph Examination
* Psychological Testing
* Medical Examination
* Drug Screen
* Interview with Chief of Police
For additional information, please visit the Chandler Police Department careers page.
All applicants must attain a favorable score in each of the examination phases to qualify for the next phase. Human Resources reserves the right to change the process without notification if deemed necessary. This process will take a minimum of two months to complete. Job offers will only be made when positions become available. A register of qualified applicants will be kept for six (6) months should additional vacancies occur.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler’s policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City’s Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
The City of Chandler is an Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
CITY OF CHANDLER POLICE DEPARTMENT DISQUALIFIERS
The following will disqualify you from consideration as a City of Chandler Police Officer applicant:
* If you are not a United States Citizen.
* If you have not received your high school diploma or GED equivalent.
* If you will not be at least 21 years old at the time of academy graduation.
* If you have any felony conviction in Arizona, or violation in another state that would be considered a felony if committed in Arizona.
* If you have been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
* If you have been previously denied certified peace officer status or had your certified peace officer status revoked or your current certified peace officer status is suspended.
* If you have illegally possessed or used marijuana for any purpose within the past two (2) years
* If you have illegally sold, produced, cultivated, or transported for sale marijuana or other dangerous drugs.
* If you have used (or "tried") any dangerous drug or illegal narcotic, other than marijuana, in any combination in the past seven (7) years, or exceeds a total of five (5) times in your lifetime or more than one (1) time since the age of 21.
* Conviction of or adjudged to have violated traffic regulations governing the movement of vehicles with such frequency so as to indicate a disrespect for traffic law and a disregard for the safety of other persons on the highway within the past (3) three years. Acceptable frequency level to be determined by Police Chief or his designee.
*Applicants must meet prescribed vision, color vision, hearing, and other AZPOST medical standards.
FALSIFICATION, OMISSION, MISREPRESENTATION, OR DECEPTION IN ANY STAGE OF THIS PROCESS WILL RESULT IN YOUR IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM CONSIDERATION.